Yoga has such broad health benefits that almost everyone can take advantage of it:
- Stress management: 12 out of 17 studies (n =1070) showed improvements in physical or psychological measures related to stress
- Mental health: 10 out of 14 studies (n=1084) demonstrated improvements in resilience or general mental well-being. Studies have also shown regular yoga practice increases brain GABA levels and can improve mood and anxiety as much as jogging or walking
- Healthy habits: A recent survey of young adults (n=1820) showed eating and physical activity habits, put down to improved mindfulness, motivation and the influence of health-minded friends during interview of study participants
- Sleep: Yoga has been shown to help sleep in older adults, individuals with arthritis, pregnant women, and women with menopause symptoms
- Balance: 11 out of 15 studies (n=688) showed improved balance
- Cancer patients: Yoga can decrease depression, insomnia, pain, and fatigue and increase anxiety control
- Heart health: Yoga can reduce high blood pressure, improve symptoms of heart failure, enhance cardiac rehabilitation, and lower cardiovascular risk factors
- Other benefits: improves self-perception, breathing, mental alertness, cellular ageing and dealing with chronic pain.
Learn more about yoga at our free classes in Cremorne and Narrabeen clinics.